Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I've been slacking....sorry

I know, I know..My posts have been slacking. For some reason I just can't get motivated to write! Hopefully this slump will end soon! So, this is my 3rd week at my new job, and I love it! I do wish the pay was better, but I love my "students". It's hard to say students when most of them are older than me, but still, I am their instructor, so that's what I will call them. There is never a dull moment on the job, so I don't get sleepy or bored ever, which is great!

I haven't done a weight loss update, which I'm sure some have been wondering or curious. Well, I've still only lost about 12, if not only 11 pounds in 3 weeks, because I gained about half of the 12 back and am just now getting back down. I realized that I lost those first pounds way too fast and that wasn't a great idea. I'm doing things different now, so it's a slower process. I have been losing inches though, which makes me happy! I will probably just do a monthly post opposed to a weekly one. I workout everyday(with the exception of today, not sure what's my problem today!)I feel stronger and have more energy! I still do not drink any cokes and I eat decent. One of my problems at my job is that we have to eat what they eat and so, that's not so low fat, which makes it hard. I don't want to not eat, so I do, and then I try to eat a very sensible supper!

The kids are great! Kadie is talking so much more here lately and I'm so thankful for that, because I was beginning to worry about it a little. Kennedie is her same old "full of life" self! Stratton and Trenton were both on the honor roll and they were very proud, and so was I of course!

I forgot how tiring it is to have a job though, which could explain the lack of posts also. I don't do much when I get home but workout, fix supper, bathe kids, and get to bed! I do watch the Biggest Loser on Tues.!! Is anyone else a fan of the show? I love it and it helps keep me motivated to meet my own goals! Man, I would love to have Jillian as my trainer!! She's great!!

I hope everyone is good and I'll try to post again soon! Oh yea, and I'm half way through the second Twightlight book and hope to finish it and the other two soon!

16 comments:

dean January 22, 2009 at 5:03 AM  

ok.. i just scrolled back to make sure i didn't miss something or forget something... so what is your new job?

i know how that is about having to eat the food at work. working at the children's home is what got me in trouble weight-wise. so now i just eat mostly salads and vegetables. still haven't worked out the logistics on exercising though. in monticello, i used to walk 3 miles a night on campus after all the kids were in bed.

here, you don't do that late at night. we are going to be fencing in the campus this year though, so that will become a possibility.

even though you gained some back, you got it off again, so congratulations on that! it's a benefit of youth that you should take advantage of while you can. the older you get, the harder it is to lose. just 3 years ago, i lost 71 pounds. i gained some of it back... this go around i "only" need to lose 40 pounds, but i can tell you it's been a LOT harder this time...

♥ JaYmE ♥ January 22, 2009 at 7:33 AM  

I'm sure you told me at WalMart what ur job is, but I totally forgot...I'm not in ya'll weightloss thing, but I should be. As much as I love salads, too, it shouldn't be a problem for me, but I don't eat them as regular as I ought to or as often as I'd like, actually....

Debbie January 22, 2009 at 9:49 AM  

It's hard finding time for everything... I know how you feel. Glad your job is going well. Share your weight loss... I'm having a hard time with it.

He & Me + 3 January 22, 2009 at 10:26 AM  

So glad your job is going well and that everyone seems to be doing good. 12 pounds is awesome. Keep it up. I wish I would get motivated and lose some too:) thanks for the updates!

Aubrey January 22, 2009 at 4:37 PM  

Busy, busy!
I remember the days. It's tough but it sounds like you are doing great balancing everything out!
Great job on the weight loss!

Keeper of the Skies Wife January 23, 2009 at 5:50 AM  

I figured you were just tired from the new day!

I've been losing inches, too! Yay for us!! That makes me feel better than the weight sometimes. Great job!!!

Emily January 23, 2009 at 9:46 AM  

weird.. i was just wondering where ya had been lately! Hope your slump ends soon! Glad everyone is doing well!

everyday mom of one January 23, 2009 at 11:10 AM  

Hey I am having a giveaway you might be interested in

http://everydaymomofone.blogspot.com

Heather January 23, 2009 at 6:34 PM  

Thanks for stopping by The Gift Closet! 4 kids...I dunno how you have time to blog! You go girl!! ;)

Us January 23, 2009 at 11:04 PM  

Glad to hear things are going good! Missed hearing from you! Love Kel

Unknown January 24, 2009 at 9:14 PM  

So glad to hear that your new job is going well! :)

Great job on the weight loss!! I am trying to lose weight myself! Keep it up!

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) January 24, 2009 at 9:29 PM  

So good to see you post again. Glad to hear things are going well for you... Keep up the good work, can't wait to hear more updates about the job..

Momnerd January 25, 2009 at 1:21 AM  

Wow, four kids and now a job? I honestly don't know how you're doing it! I get tired just thinking about it. I'm glad you like your job, good luck with your weight loss but don't let it make you feel guilty or down. Good luck with everything!

Mandy January 25, 2009 at 6:52 PM  

I feel your pain.. I'm exhausted as well. I'm out of the house more than in the house now and I am soon to write a "I'm sorry that I was an idiot" post to all working moms. I had NO IDEA how hard it is to work your butt off all day long to just come home and work some more. I love my jobs though.. and it's just part of it! I think you and I will both adjust soon to the new schedules and hopefully we won't be so sluggish!

Terri February 1, 2009 at 11:16 PM  

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Congratulations on your weight loss.

Anonymous,  February 4, 2009 at 3:49 PM  

I clicked through to your blog from Write, Yo. You had great comments about our contest over there. I really like your blog and stick with your weight loss plan -- my wife has lost almost 50lbs now and I have lost 20lbs.

If you ever want to host a fun contest of your own, or a review, email me anytime at drewg@webmerchantsinc.com.

Congrats on the new job too !!!

A little about me:

I enjoy reading other people's blogs, and I love getting comments from my readers! I just got a job and I'll update as I get more into the job scene! I am working hard to improve my daily walk with Christ, and gets lots of guidance in doing so from my church family and friends. Please feel free to "follow" me on my blog, to check out the happenings of my day to day life as a mom to 4!

Where You Can Find Me

  © Blogger template ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP